Log of the changes I made to the default Screwturn Wiki installation, to get it working properly as my personal site.
- Installed Desktop edition, I do NOT want my development IIS instance public on the internet.
- Change admin password to something silly and incomprehensible
- Change the CSS screen layout to widen the sidebar, will probably make many more changes as I decide ona final "Look" for the site
- Created myself an admin account for usual use
- Changed the Sidebar content to remove wiki-centric options, leaving search, list, random page + categories
- Changed the footer to remove the screwturn and icon note, and add my copyright notice and Google Analytics tracking code.
- Changed the "Config" to match my needs:
- Disallow users from registering
- Make discussions public
- Allow script tags (only I will be editing)
- Set high logging
- Change CSS screen layout to hide useless screen parts:
- Page history
- Page RSS Feed
- Page source
not yet done:
- Implement "CAPTCHA" validation on public discussions and added public messaging with CAPTCHA - see ScrewturnWikiCaptcha
- Add code syntax highlighting and/or XML formatting plugins
Screwturn wiki functions removed or hidden, included here for easy access: